Bad Gateway
pbennison

I have been getting this for 2 months, it worked for a day or a couple weeks ago. the past week they have replaced the DVR and still the same thing. I keep saying "Reset port mappings", but that does not help. Is there a specific fiormwar up or down I can try oon the router? It seems the issues is between the router and the dvr

0 Likes
Re: Bad Gateway
BobbyC4

I quickly fixed this issue using the software that the tech installed on my PC. I think it was in the home agent app under DVR problems. It looked like the app queried the router and rebooted it.

After the reboot of the router, my Bad Gateway issue was fixed.

Note that simply unplugging the router and rebooting it did not work for me.

I had to use the utility installed by the technician.

Good luck.

0 Likes
pbennison

Ok this is driving me nuts. Verizon first sent me a new DVR and i could then record and access from tv but no web access. Then they sent  me a new router and still nothing. so i then hooked up my old dvr on a spare tv and that one is now recognized on the web and on the TV's as 1 of 2. But I still cannot get the new dvr on the web.

i know the easy answer would be to get the old dvr back online, but that is what started this whole thing and i am afraid it is intermittent on the old dvr. thiis is driving me nuts and verizon tech support is clueless.

0 Likes
pxhop
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a bad gateway problem with web access that I was able to resolve by disabling it in the menu, then power cycling the dvr, then enabling web access, then power cycling the router. Also, I found that web access was much more reliable on a Motorola dvr than it was on the Cisco dvr. If all else fails, you might ask Verizon to let you try a Motorola dvr if you have been using Cisco without success. The Motorola doesn't auto-activate like the Cisco, but in my case the Motorola solved several problems I was having. 

0 Likes