Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.
Shop online or through the My Verizon app and get your holiday orders fast.
In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
So I have the double play through Verizon (Internet and FIOS TV). I do not have phone service through Verizon. I did years ago but changed to the double play from a triple play.
My question is about the battery in the Verizon Optical Network Terminal. The Battery is dead and continues to beep. Do I even need this Verizon Optical Network Terminal? If I do can I just unplug the battery and it keep working as I do not need a battery backup as I do not have home phone service?
Do I even need this Verizon Optical Network Terminal?
Yes. The ONT converts the fiber optic signals to information that can be used by your existing wiring and devices. No box, no service.
If I do can I just unplug the battery and it keep working as I do not need a battery backup as I do not have home phone service?
I do not see an issue with whether or not the battery is dead or unplugged. Dead is unplugged as far as the ONT is concerned. However, I believe that your goal is to get the ONT to stop beeping. It is my understanding that there is currently no way to achieve this without replacing the battery which, as you have said, you do not need in the first place.
Hope this helps.
Find this post helpful, informative or just something you agree with? Click the red ‘thumbs-up’ button. Did this post solve your problem? Click the green ‘Accept as Solution’ button.
Thanks for teh reply and yes I had to get my sons STB replaced and said the heck with it and went to order the battery. Then to find the battery costing $35.00 then they wanted to add over $12.00 for shipping. What a bunch of **bleep**.
I called battery whare house and got a replacement for $25.00.
Verizon just trying to suck more money from it's subscribers.