Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Best way to sign up so they won't screw up?

Dylan
Contributor
Contributor

Best way to sign up so they won't screw up?

Message 1 of 2
(3,307 Views)

My prior experience with Verizon is horrid but I want FIOS in my new house so I'm going to subject myself again to their customer service. I'm going to be using a TiVo and just need a cable card and no set top boxes from Verizon. The online system won't let me order it this way and I don't trust their CSR's to get anything right. I'm thinking of ordering a standard package online with a set top box and changing it to a cable card after the initial install is (hopefully) successful. Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
jmcohen23
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: Best way to sign up so they won't screw up?

Message 2 of 2
(3,234 Views)

I have seen the cable card appear sporatically when attempting to place an order, but unfortunately, to get it right, you need to call in (or you can try their online chat).

however, your alternative measure could work, but you would still need to call them to order a cable card, plus, I think they need to come out and set it up for you.

You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there. --Yogi Berra
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.