Re: Beware if you upgrade to the new FIOS ONE boxes
grecon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I kept calling tech support and on the last call I told them flat out I was not trying any more of their solutions I need someone to come and check the wiring so the tech agreed and set up an appointment.  I was told there woudl be a charge and I agreed to it even though I had no intention of paying I planned on calling and explaining the situation and gettign the charge reversed luckily I didn't have to I was never charged.  Like I said it only corrected one issue - the pause, forward and rewind has not been solved at all!

0 Likes
grecon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you I will do that!

0 Likes
grecon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi - somone suggested this could be a remote control issue since the new remotes don't need to be pointed at the box to work and if the mini's are close enough to each other it coud be causing the problem.  I have old remotes and the tech told me they work with the new boxes so I am going to try that to see if it corrects the issue cause Verizon hasn't a clue how to fix it.

0 Likes
grecon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I am 99% sure it is a remote issue - I am now using old remotes on the two TV's in the bedrooms and I tested it by using the pause, play and playing a recorded show also using forward and pause and there have been no issues on the other TV or the TV I was testing it on. So if you have the old remotes use them on any TV's that are in close proximity.  Seems the new remots can control the other boxes through walls even if they aren't paired with the TV.  

0 Likes
grecon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well the issue was solved for a little while but it is back so we just don't use pause, forward or rewind on the remotes. This is a major problem that the manufacturer of the equipment needs to address. I'll put up with it for 4 more months till my contract ends. I honestly wish I could have my old boxes back, never had any problems with them!

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@GRECON19 wrote:

Well the issue was solved for a little while but it is back so we just don't use pause, forward or rewind on the remotes. This is a major problem that the manufacturer of the equipment needs to address. I'll put up with it for 4 more months till my contract ends. I honestly wish I could have my old boxes back, never had any problems with them!

The problem is back using the old remotes,  or the new ones?

grecon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Both - basically you can only watch recorded shows if you just start them and don't use any of the buttons to pause or move forward.  I tried again last night I started watching  a recorded show and needed to do something so instead of pausing I exited back to live TV then when I came back and resumed watching all the problems started the freezing, loosing sound and pixelating.  It is a nightmare that I wish Verizon woud address.   

0 Likes
grecon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is it possible to have 2 DVR boxes on the same account?  I think if we use two DVR boxes having one on one TV and theother on the 3.  Some of the techs seem to think that the new boxes have issues if you have too many boxes and we have 4 minis and one DVR.  

0 Likes
CudaJoe

I too am seeing issues with the new fios one box.  I have the DVR box connected to an MU8000 Samsung tv through hdmi.  The internet is wired through a network extender via MoCA.  Pretty much every day I turn on the tv and set to fios input, I have black screen and no signal.  I have to unplug the DVR box and plug it back in...it then does it’s whole set up spiel and then I can see the fios live tv.  I don’t understand why I have to keep doing this...  I paid the stupid $50 fee too...

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are seeing a totally black screen when you select the Fios input, then the box lost power. When you turn the new boxes off they default to a screen that tells the current time. The rebooting of the box is what is causing it to reload all the programming . You need to look at what the box is getting power from, my guess is a switched outlet or power strip. The box needs a constant source of power to avoid what you are experiencing.

@HomeBrewJoe1 wrote:

I too am seeing issues with the new fios one box.  I have the DVR box connected to an MU8000 Samsung tv through hdmi.  The internet is wired through a network extender via MoCA.  Pretty much every day I turn on the tv and set to fios input, I have black screen and no signal.  I have to unplug the DVR box and plug it back in...it then does it’s whole set up spiel and then I can see the fios live tv.  I don’t understand why I have to keep doing this...  I paid the stupid $50 fee too...