Re: Beware if you upgrade to the new FIOS ONE boxes
briano19

old wiring meaning HDMI or coaxial? 

0 Likes
CudaJoe

I have some strong doubts about this suggestion.  The tv one boxes are constantly on and never switched off.  They are in a power strip which I’m sure 99% of owners have as their setup.  The power strip has never been powered off or accidentally switched off.  

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@HomeBrewJoe1 wrote:

I have some strong doubts about this suggestion.  The tv one boxes are constantly on and never switched off.  They are in a power strip which I’m sure 99% of owners have as their setup.  The power strip has never been powered off or accidentally switched off.  

The 4100 boxes never completely shut down. There is ALWAYS a screensaver being output even when you hit the power button. You must be having a handshake issue with the box and TV if you never power down the boxes. Try turning off video input control in the Fios box and see if anything changes. You might also try changing output resolution settings on the box and see if that helps. Then there is always a chance there is a bad HDMI cable....

Charlesjallen

I have had nothing but problems and the service is terrible. Remote constantly unpairs totally or partially, can’t get on Netflix switch back from Apple TV, and on and on...  not a day goes by I’m not spending 30 min resetting, unplugging, whatever. 

0 Likes
rothenbj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't know if anything has changed in the boxes or software but I've had mine for a couple months now and only had an issue from the start with the menu options.  Couldn't search and sports guide wasn't working.  Called and in about 10 minutes they did something on their end and everything was fine.  The commented issues with the remote have been non-existent for me.  I've loved TV One.

The reason I found this string was I did run into an issue with UHD where I tried to record one of their few UHD broadcasts.  I got a warning on my 3 yr old Bravia about hdcp 2.2 and to make sure I was using the cable that came with TV One.  I thought maybe it was the age of the TV so I tried on a Roku TV I bought just this year.  I didn't get the same error message but a message that the show was over.  Well yeah it was over, I recorded it so I could see it when I got home.  So the research began.

Hdcp 2.2 is pirate protection to stop you from pirating content but does this mean you won't be able to DVR anything in UHD.  Don't know because it was Sat. night and FIOS currently only has support M-F and Sat till 5.

So, I decided to see what Netflix had in UHD to see if I at least had the ability to play UHD content after I upgraded my Netflix to UHD content.  It worked so I knew the TV One could play UHD that wasn't DVR'd.  Back to regular HD.

The TV flashed a picture for a few seconds then blacked out and repeated doing that over and over.  Turned the TV off then on again, the same thing.  Decided to turn everything off for 30 seconds.  Turned it back on and after the FIOS box rebooted, everything was back to normal.

So the Monday call will be about the issue of bouncing off UHD to HD, which I'll try on the other TV tomorrow as a test and, once UHD becomes mainstream broadcast, will you be able to DVR it.

0 Likes
Eddievilar

Yes, since i upgraded to the new boxes i been having issues.On one of the tvs i would turn of and it would kick back on by itself. Called tech and the guy told me i needed a new TV. No joke. After going on google i found out many customers had the same problem. I followed one of the instructions- not from Verizon- and it got fixed. And their Verizon tech wanted me to buy a new tv set...Their tech support is not the best, let me tell you. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes