(738 Views)

old wiring meaning HDMI or coaxial? 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Beware if you upgrade to the new FIOS ONE boxes

Message 22 of 24
(457 Views)

I have some strong doubts about this suggestion.  The tv one boxes are constantly on and never switched off.  They are in a power strip which I’m sure 99% of owners have as their setup.  The power strip has never been powered off or accidentally switched off.  

Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP

Message 23 of 24
(442 Views)

@HomeBrewJoe1 wrote:

I have some strong doubts about this suggestion.  The tv one boxes are constantly on and never switched off.  They are in a power strip which I’m sure 99% of owners have as their setup.  The power strip has never been powered off or accidentally switched off.  

The 4100 boxes never completely shut down. There is ALWAYS a screensaver being output even when you hit the power button. You must be having a handshake issue with the box and TV if you never power down the boxes. Try turning off video input control in the Fios box and see if anything changes. You might also try changing output resolution settings on the box and see if that helps. Then there is always a chance there is a bad HDMI cable....

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 24 of 24
(256 Views)

I have had nothing but problems and the service is terrible. Remote constantly unpairs totally or partially, can’t get on Netflix switch back from Apple TV, and on and on...  not a day goes by I’m not spending 30 min resetting, unplugging, whatever. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.