Blinking green light on FIOS mini boxes
JanetinNJ11
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have one main box and 3 mini boxes.  The left light on ALL the mini boxes is blinking green.  This started a few days ago.  It is not happening on the main box -- only the minis.  TV channels and DVR seem to be working okay.

I have followed all suggestions to fix -- rebooted ALL boxes and router.  More than once.  The lights restart as normal, then in a few minutes start blinking green again.

Any idea how to fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blinking green light on FIOS mini boxes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could also try settings >system>Fios TV one settings > disconnect fios TV one mini from your main box. After disconnect reboot both the main and mini, add the mini back in. Might clear it up.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

First power down the router. By power down I mean totally unplug power from wall. Next power down the mini. Disconnect any cable you have connected to the mini, coax or Ethernet. You can leave HDMI connected. Power up the router, wait 4 minutes power up the mini. Reconnect the mini. The flashing green light is an update pending that is hung up somehow. This usually clears up the problem. If it doesn't call FIOS support, or Contact them on twitter to force an update on your mini.

JanetinNJ11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did that, but I didn't wait 4 minutes after powering up the router.  I will give it another try and wait the 4 minutes and see what happens.

Thank you.

0 Likes
JanetinNJ11
Enthusiast - Level 2

This worked for about an hour.  Then blinking green light returned.

I will have to call them.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could also try settings >system>Fios TV one settings > disconnect fios TV one mini from your main box. After disconnect reboot both the main and mini, add the mini back in. Might clear it up.