Blurred picture quality
bambin4eto

Hi! I got my Verizon installed a few days ago. 

I was disappointed with the picture quality from the start. The technician said it is because of the plan I am paying for which according to my account is "FiOS TV Select HD" (190+ channels, 40+ in HD). I liked the plan, because I am international and do not need a lot of channels since I am still introducing myself to US TV. The technician says that the quality is so bad because we have no HD channels included at all, and thus can only receive the Motorola 2500 SD box. Ok, maybe I am wrong and do not have any HD channels that's fine. But why does Verizon even produce this box and offer this package, since one  can get really bad eye problems from watching TV like this?? Even in eastern Europe normal, non cable TV is with better picture quality. I don't mind paying a few bucks more for HD channels, but the thing is I wont even watch them. Can I pay for lets say a box that will give me a better quality for the SD channels, and I mean not HD but at least non blurry pixalated picture that is jumping all over the place? I am just really confused, what's the overall point of that package at all.. Please could someone give me an advice what to do. Thanks!

Best!

0 Likes
Re: Blurred picture quality
PJL
Master - Level 3

@bambin4eto wrote:

Hi! I got my Verizon installed a few days ago. 

I was disappointed with the picture quality from the start. The technician said it is because of the plan I am paying for which according to my account is "FiOS TV Select HD" (190+ channels, 40+ in HD). I liked the plan, because I am international and do not need a lot of channels since I am still introducing myself to US TV. The technician says that the quality is so bad because we have no HD channels included at all, and thus can only receive the Motorola 2500 SD box. Ok, maybe I am wrong and do not have any HD channels that's fine. But why does Verizon even produce this box and offer this package, since one  can get really bad eye problems from watching TV like this?? Even in eastern Europe normal, non cable TV is with better picture quality. I don't mind paying a few bucks more for HD channels, but the thing is I wont even watch them. Can I pay for lets say a box that will give me a better quality for the SD channels, and I mean not HD but at least non blurry pixalated picture that is jumping all over the place? I am just really confused, what's the overall point of that package at all.. Please could someone give me an advice what to do. Thanks!

Best!

Select HD definitely DOES have HD channels, but the STB he gave will not receive them.  The technician was totally wrong. 

0 Likes
Re: Blurred picture quality
bambin4eto

I was also told that over the phone as well from another representative, because I had problems installing the TV myself so first called them and then they sent a technician over.

0 Likes