Re: Both STBs...out?
bevbruce

Everyone - I have a suggestion we should all do. 

I'd suggest you send a letter to Verizon's CEO{edited for privacy}complaining about this situation and lack of customer support (waiting 2 hours on hold to speak to a customer service agent at 6 a.m. in the morning is inexcusable.)  I also suggest you copy the Federal Communications Commission{edited for privacy} This is the agency that regulates Verizon.

The squeeky wheel gets the oil -- if everyone complains maybe we won't have these issues in the future. Waiting 2 hours on the phone to hear from a customer support person that I won't have TV for 2 days so they can resolve a software issue is unacceptable.  Whatever their upgrade issue is, Verizon should easily be able to reboot the system to a previous version, date and time prior to their system failure.  This reboot shouldn't take more than a few hours at most.

I tend to think the issue is more one of timing - funny how this failure occurred during the July 4th holiday week.  I'd guess a vast majority of those that can resolve this issue are off on vacation and Verizon has a skeleton crew manning customer support lines and the network.  Perhaps that's why the slowdown in agent support, in-home agent, online chat, etc.

This is my first issue with Verizon.  My renewal will be coming up soon and I'm seriously thinking about discontinuing this service if this is the kind of support I can expect.

Funny how Verizon wants me to wait 2 days for service.  Makes me wonder if they'd wait 2 days after my bill's due date to get payment and not charge me interest.  Hmmmm....I don't think so.  

0 Likes
bandy1

0 Likes
bevbruce

Folks - related to my previous post - this website edited out the names and addresses to contact, however, just do a simple search on google or any search engine for the following:

1.  Verizon CEO

2.  Verizon headquarters

3.  FCC address

The info will just pop up and you can use it.

0 Likes
bevbruce

Folks - related to my previous post - this website edited out the names and addresses to contact, however, just do a simple search on google or any search engine for the following:

1.  Verizon CEO

2.  Verizon headquarters

3.  FCC address

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@bevbruce wrote:

1.  Verizon CEO

2.  Verizon headquarters

3.  FCC address

Really not worth the effort for those in the Pittsburgh and Florida area.

They goofed somwhere in the attempt to rollout 1.9 to the SD boxes in that area.  The results most, if not all, of those boxes failed in that DAC.  That caused their support lines to LIGHT up and be overwelmed.

They are obviously attempting to roll back the update.  24-48 hours is a generic estimate the call center gives out when they have to contact the real people who do the work.   It is probably not going to take anything like that to get these boxes back to working.

Note I recommend you enter all this in the new forums on 1.9.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/IMG-1-9/bd-p/IMG19

0 Likes
BadaxeFF

i called tech support earlier and, after a 40 minute wait, finally got a human voice.able boxes

it seems that customers in Fla. and Pa. are having the same problem, but only w/their non-DVR boxes.

the rep told me when she started answering phones, she had almost 500 people on hold!

it's all due to some kind of an upgrade to the cable boxes that went KABLOOEY, or something.

she also said the problems we're experiencing should be cleared up by TONIGHT(?????)

it'd have beev nice to get some kind of notification of this possible disruption before the fact!

my sympathies to all w/non-dvr boxes.

BadAxe

0 Likes
Pauly
Enthusiast - Level 3

The boxes should be coming back up now. If still getting same message try rebooting the box. If that does not work call verizon and have them reload the box will fix issue.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@BadaxeFF wrote:

i called tech support earlier and, after a 40 minute wait, finally got a human voice.able boxes

it seems that customers in Fla. and Pa. are having the same problem, but only w/their non-DVR boxes.

the rep told me when she started answering phones, she had almost 500 people on hold!

it's all due to some kind of an upgrade to the cable boxes that went KABLOOEY, or something.

she also said the problems we're experiencing should be cleared up by TONIGHT(?????)

it'd have beev nice to get some kind of notification of this possible disruption before the fact!

my sympathies to all w/non-dvr boxes.

BadAxe

Many people said the got an email about an update coming.  http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/1667878~1adce4db752720169d7dff207c63dd13/The%20New%20FiOS%20In... 

Also widely discussed as 1.9 and mentioned here

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/Bright-Ideas-from-Consumers-Make-FiOS-TV-Even-Better-Ro...

0 Likes
bevbruce

Still out here in Pittsburgh with same error messages.

Can you list steps to reboot the box?

I've had my box unplugged since early this morning - just plugged back in and it's still giving same error messages.

0 Likes
Pauly
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what I meant by unpluging and plugging back in. You may just have to call to get box reloaded. Gonna be a long wait though.

0 Likes