Re: Both STBs...out?
bren92
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still out here in Tampa. Both of my SD boxes are out, my HD is fine.

0 Likes
freedoms1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was up at the time of the change. I DID happen to see one of the new changes. It's a new guide. It's awful. It's hard to read, it's confusing and it's more difficult to navigate. I'm wondering why Verizon thinks it's an "improvement?"

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Bevbruce, Why do you have your box unplugged? Verizon can't fix it if it's not connected. Do not leave it unplugged!!!!

0 Likes
bevbruce

I had the box unplugged because other posters said the problem wouldn't be fixed for 24-48 hours.  Didn't see the need to have it on.  But I've plugged it in and for the last 15 minutes it's still giving the same error codes.

I waited on the phone 2 hours this morning trying to get through to customer help with no luck.  How in the world can I have my box reloaded if I can't get in touch with them?  Very frustrated.

(BTW - I post my messages here and they are "double posting".  It's not me doing that - this website must be on the fritz too because it's listing all my messages twice....

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

They are going to try to push the new IMG again this afternoon. Sit tight and pray and leave the boxes alone.

0 Likes
gnarburger

I've been going through this all day as well (Pittsburgh, PA).  They told me it would be back up by noon when I contacted them early in the day, but that never happened.  Just in the last few minutes, though, my boxes are back to the point where you can at least watch them.  There is no time displayed and the guide doesn't work, but you can turn on the TV and change the channel at least.  Guide, menu, info, options, DVR, and On Demand all don't work.

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

My SD box here in Tampa just came back up with the 1.9 release.  My HD box clicked off and back on at the same time, but I don't see the new release on there yet.  In any case, TV is working on the SD box.  I saw someone in Pittsburgh note the same thing.

0 Likes
freedoms1
Enthusiast - Level 3

In Pittsburgh, the Standard Box now works with that supposedly upgraded version, and with the program guide that's really very annoying. HOWEVER, now my HD Box doesn't work. (You can only change the channels, but nothing else) Why is Verizon going out of its way to frustrate its customers? Who needed this upgrade? Why not seriously beta test these "upgrades" before inflicting them on their paying customers?

0 Likes
ssanders79
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here in Tampa my HD DVR is now upgrades to 1.9 as well as my 2 STB that were bricked since 5:20 AM are up and running with the new 1.9.

hkhart

I'm in Pittsburgh too and Friday evening I had the same problem with my HD STB...could change channel, volume, turn on/off, etc but was unable to use the Guide, Info, Menu, DVR, etc.  I was on the phone with verizon for over an hour while the guy tried to help me fix that problem.  He finally determined that I have a bad box and I'm supposed to be getting a new one today.  I'm wondering now if it's going to be worth hooking up the new box if there's a possibility I might have the same problem again...

0 Likes