Both STBs...out?
squeechan
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I woke up this morning, I noticed that both the set top boxes for my tvs were giving me errors.

They display d6.09, Er.05, and then a countdown, cycling down from -60.  When the numbers cycle down to 0, all the lights go off for a moment, then come back on with FP6A before starting over again.  The power light on them is off, and I'm unable to turn either of them on. I tried unplugging them, but it's the same when I plug them back in. I went to the support website and had it try to reset my boxes, but that didn't seem to do anything either.

Anyone know what's going on here? Or do I somehow need both my boxes replaced at the same time?

(My internet doesn't seem to be having any issues.)

0 Likes
Re: Both STBs...out?
click4dylan
Contributor - Level 1

same here. Valrico, FL

0 Likes
Sempai

I have the exact same problem in the Tampa area - only the standard def boxes are affected, the HD seems OK. Boxes will not respond to remote or front panel buttons.  I was watching on one of them when it started.

Tried calling tech support, but could not wait on hold to talk to anyone.  hope they clear this up soon!

0 Likes
TorV

I am having the same issue.  Pittsburgh, PA

0 Likes
D_W_Ernst

Same thing at my residence -- Spent nearly an hour on hold to speak to technical support only to be told "sorry nobody is available this call will now be disconnected" 

Called back and started the whole thing again-  after another 15 minutes I am already late for work. .  Relatives will have to fend for themselves.  

0 Likes
MooseJoose2593

Same here in Bradenton, FL

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

There was an upgrade last night that failed. All boxes should be repaired this morning, hopefully.

0 Likes
bevbruce

Same thing is happening to me in Pittsburgh. PA.  I was watching the TV at 5:30 a.m. and all of a sudden it went out and started giving all the error messages on the STB. 

I tried calling Verizon and was on hold almost 2 hours (I'm home sick, so have nothing better to do!)

Still couldn't get through.

Online Chat is down now as well and isn't supposed to come up until 9 a.m.

Before the box went down, I did notice the new TV guide format was posted, but all of the listings were off by 1/2 hour.

Any updates on a repair time for Pittsburgh?

0 Likes
huskerintampa

I sure hope so...my middle son turns 7 today and wanted to watch his shows!  😉

0 Likes
Jeni4w
Still out in florida. FINALLY got a hold of customer service. Service will be returned in 24 to 48 hrs, or so they say. Watch your bill, servicr is supposed to be prorated for outage!
0 Likes