Box Shuts Down and Dl appears
runner
Recently, my box has been shutting down and then on the screen e602 appears and then Dl.  A squiggly line on the left of the Dl goes in a circle as if it's downloading.  Afterwards, it will reset and the television will turn on, however, I can't get to the guide.  A couple minutes go by and it resets and is back to normal.  I figured its downloading something but recently is has been happening more often.  If it is Verizon downloading can't they choose a better time instead of prime time.  Thanks for your help
0 Likes
Re: Box Shuts Down and Dl appears
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

Hi there.  Is this a DVR box that you are using?  If so, go into the menu>settings>system info,  then type in 4883 (yes, right there in the system info screen).  You won't see anything happen, but once you type in 4883, unplug your box from power.  Plug back in and allow to reset.  This will clear the cache of the hard drive and may resolve your issue.  Let me know if this helps! 

Brian

0 Likes
runner
 I was able to clear the cache, however, as I am watching TV right now the box turned off and then on.  A message E 601 appeared and then FR 1 Hunt and then the d1.   After several minutes, EF displays then FP.  I am typing this as I am watching the STB go through these messages.  It stayed on FP for a couple minutes and then the box turned off and reset itself.  After it reset, I am able to watch TV but this is the 6th time in the last 48 hours.  What is the next step?  Thanks.  
0 Likes
kevinb
Contributor - Level 2

DL : Download - means STB is downloading firmware / software, should only happen after an update or new STB plugged in.

Eb 01 : Object failed validation - validation check failed between STB + headend

FR 1 : Frequency 1 - attempting to lock on frequency 1 (75.25 MHz)

EF : Erasing flash memory - when STB needs to "reinitialize"

FP : Programming flash memory - again, after the reinitialize

I would hook up another, same model STB in the same spot to see if it does it the same thing.

Also get someone from Vz tech support to make sure the STB is activated onto your circuit properly.

If you can duplicate this issue with another STB, it's a possible wiring/splitter issue

Else it's a problem with the specific STB, could be something from the headend/provisioning or a defective STB itself

Another edit:   Since it stays on HUNT for so long, I would lean towards a wiring/splitter issue.. but only a slight lean (maybe like a 73degree angle) .

p.s. http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Boot_Error_Codes

Message Edited by kevinb on 07-23-2009 06:39 PM
0 Likes
asoriano

I too have the same problem, except I woke up this morning to the d1 on the front of box I unplugged and plugged back in and nothing then all of a sudden a eb02 appears then a d1 again then it turns on i can see picture change channels but thats it i cant access any menus or my dvr programs or guide. when i turn the power off a the front of the box shows nothing a blank face no time, no d1 no msg just black like it has no power.  I can turn the power on and off but thats it. then it just goes off again and shows the d1 again.  I called the tech and she said i new box its defective I am annoyed cause this is my fourth box since i have been with verizon.  she said my last box was about 9 months ago so it is common for the box to go defective....so what every 9 months or so i gotta get a new box?! its ridiculous?!  also that means all my programs i have on my dvr are gone which i am very upset about that. what should I do.  do i really need a new box (for the fourth time)?

0 Likes