Box does not support HDTV
judgemax

When I change to a HDTV a message appears stating - This box does not support HDTV - call a number to upgrade to a new box.  I thought cable was suppose to receive HDTV without having to upgrade to new boxes.  How much is the new box?  If I have to pay a higher monthly fee on a bill that is currently high, then it would be cheaper to purchase a new TV.

How is this going to be fixed and is the message correct.   I have powered off the box, rebooted and states the same.

0 Likes
Re: Box does not recognize HD channels
Jim785
Contributor - Level 1

Hey Judgemax,

The error message you are getting is if your are trying to view a High Definition (HD) channel (usually 500+). The first thing that I would ask is what kind of stb (set top box) do you have? (Quick way to determine is: if it is silver, it's most likely a HD box (QIP 7100,7216,6200,6416. Or if its a black one it's most likely QIP 2500 or DCT 700 (the dct700 doesn't have a display on it) ). If you are using the 2500 or 700 those box's are not capable of viewing HD channels. 

The FiOS network is all digital and does require a Verizon issued set top box to view the signals.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Re: Box does not support HDTV
Justin46
Legend
What model STB do you have? Verizon has multiple FiOS STBs, some support HD, some, like the QIP2500 and DCT700, don't. The ones that don't support HD are cheaper per month to rent.
0 Likes