Re: Box has sound but no picture. I unplug hdmi and picture comes back
louieshowers
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Netta63 wrote:

How do you set it to 1080i??

You can go into menu, settings, and choose video settings, under format you can scroll through the varies settings.  However, it did not work for me.  Let me know if that helps you!

0 Likes
Netta63

I had one tv doing this - now the second started. Im going to start paying attention more but I am starting to think it is when I am connected to Netflix or bluetooth and turn the tv off - then the issue starts when I turn the tv on.  

0 Likes
louieshowers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon pushed out an update that they did not fully beta test.  Until a new update comes out, i am not going to pay the monthly fee for a dysfunctional box.  Literally every time I power on my tv or switch inputs, i have to physically walk to the back of the tv and unplug the cable and plug it back in.  When I do a reset on the box the picture comes on for a split second before the box reboots.  It is just bad coding!  

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@louieshowers wrote:

Verizon pushed out an update that they did not fully beta test.  Until a new update comes out, i am not going to pay the monthly fee for a dysfunctional box.  Literally every time I power on my tv or switch inputs, i have to physically walk to the back of the tv and unplug the cable and plug it back in.  When I do a reset on the box the picture comes on for a split second before the box reboots.  It is just bad coding!  

The problem is when you change inputs with the Fios box still on, then change back to the box, it has to renegotiate the connection with the TV. The TV is no longer sending EDID info to the box input, and you have no picture. I suggest BEFORE you switch inputs you turn OFF the Fios box, change inputs. When going back to the box, change inputs then turn the Fios box back on. By un and replugging the HDMI cable you are forcing the Box and TV to renegotiate the connection. It is possible inserting something like this in the chain between TV and Fios box, it may avoid the issue:

https://www.amazon.com/JSAUX-Switcher-Aluminum-Bi-Directional-Compatible/dp/B08GG4914P/ref=sr_1_1_ss...

SoxGiantsCaps

Just discovered this thread.  Having same issue with VMS 1100 set-top box and Verizon sent a new one this week but no difference.  Tech I talked to had no idea that this was a known issue.  Remote boxes working fine still (so far) - just the main server/box.

Tried all the tricks mentioned here, but none worked.  TV is an old Sony XBR 40" tube with a HDMI to DVI cable and optical to home theater for sound.  Can't use remote/satellite box on this TV because they only have one connection - HDMI for both video and sound.  Going to try a new DVI cable and then maybe a switch if necessary.

0 Likes
Netta63

It is happening for me on 2 different TVs - both under a year old - and both were working fine up until a few weeks ago.  Both are set up through HDMI. The only fix I have found is to unplug the HDMI from the FIOS box and then plug it back in.

0 Likes
louieshowers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Call customer service, explain the scenario the more people that report this the faster we will get it fixed . The most important thing is to hit them in the wallet and demand politely at credit until the boxes work functionally! 

0 Likes
Techy18

Same thing happening to my TV. They updated their software or firmware and suddenly my picture is gone.. lol..  When I unplug the hdmi cable and plug it back in, the picture comes back.  

Basically this makes paying for a remote controlled box worthless. Like the other person said, I am calling and requesting a credit for this box until verizon fixes what they broke.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Techy18 wrote:

Same thing happening to my TV. They updated their software or firmware and suddenly my picture is gone.. lol..  When I unplug the hdmi cable and plug it back in, the picture comes back.  

Basically this makes paying for a remote controlled box worthless. Like the other person said, I am calling and requesting a credit for this box until verizon fixes what they broke.

Support is aware of handshake issues and should have a fix in the next update. Hang on a bit.

0 Likes