Switch Account

Box has stopped responding to remote.

Box has stopped responding to remote.

SOLVED
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(377 Views)

My box has suddenly stopped responding to program signals from my remote. The batteries are fresh and the remote still turns on the tv. The remote from another box didn't work either. I unplugged and replugged the box to no avail.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(363 Views)

Have you changed anything else in the room, such as additional equipment that might me causing IR interference?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 3 of 4
(359 Views)

One of the simplest things to check for is the IR interference Prisaz mentioned. You can do this quickly by using a piece of cardboard to create a shield between your STB/DVR and TV to block the IR interference. If you try this and it works, your final solution should by nonflammable, of course. You might also research this forum for the topic "IR Interference" to see the ongoing history and solutions that others have developed. Good luck.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(343 Views)

I was given an older model Sony home theater by a friend and I think that it is the source of the problem although it comes and goes (the remote is working today).  I'll look into a permanent shielding solution.      Thanks, Tim

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.