Box just reset itself, now wont bring up guide, dvr, or info about shows

Box just reset itself, now wont bring up guide, dvr, or info about shows

SOLVED
Highlighted
Copper Contributor jly0784
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 8
(1,525 Views)

my hd dvr box just randomly reset itself for no reason, and now it only displays the channel, wont let me bring up a guide, dvr or information about the program, athe channel up and down work, however it wont bring up information about the channels at al, any help on this would be appreciated, i reset the box and router and nothing happened..... ive had nothing but problems with these CROOKS at verizon, cannot wait to leave them

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Your box is probably taking new code.  Leave it be for 15-20 min.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Your box is probably taking new code.  Leave it be for 15-20 min.  Each time you reset it, you re-start the code download - just making it take that much longer.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

@jly0784 wrote:

my hd dvr box just randomly reset itself for no reason, and now it only displays the channel, wont let me bring up a guide, dvr or information about the program, athe channel up and down work, however it wont bring up information about the channels at al, any help on this would be appreciated, i reset the box and router and nothing happened..... ive had nothing but problems with these CROOKS at verizon, cannot wait to leave them

Your box is probably taking new code.  Leave it be for 15-20 min.  Each time you reset it, you re-start the code download - just making it take that much longer.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

i retract my statement about leaving lol, it works now.... good call my friend thank you

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

OK - that was weird, totally did not intend for the last post to do that....

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

all good, i made sure to wait that extra 15-20 seeing as it was on there a few times haha

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Probably, as said, the 1.9.4 IMG that is rolling out.  Probably one of the DAC's, the one you are in, just had it hit

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.