Box keeps freezing
Paul751

Here is my problem: all of the Verizon Fios equipment is in our basement. The main cable box is on the second level and the other box is on top floor in the bedroom, which is the problem. The main box is a bigger box and the bedroom is smaller. Even though the box in the bedroom is connected with coaxial that comes from the basement, the tech said it's running off of WIFI from the main box. There is never an issue with the main box. The issue with the bedroom box is sometimes when I walk around the tv area or get out of bed, the box freezes and I get a message saying they detected a problem with router connections, then tv resumes. We had a tech at the house last month and of course, the tv behaved while he was there. He made sure the connections were tight upstairs and in the basement. He also said the coaxial was good and the WiFi signal was fine. About two weeks later, the problem started again. Any help would be appreciated? Can the bedroom box be bad, bad splitter? It's so frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Box keeps freezing
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to the main box and in the menu find your dashboard. Look at the connections map. If the mini is really connected with coax it should say moca in the connection. You definitely want it connected by cable and not wifi if you can avoid it. You could also connect wired to your network if that's available.

0 Likes
Paul751

Thank you for responding. I was able to access the dashboard and both boxes show "Moca". While in the dashboard, I rebooted the troubled box and unfortunately it didn't do anything, as the box keeps freezing. Tomorrow we are going to take the main box and hook it up to the bedroom and see if that box freezes. Thanks again. 

0 Likes
Paul751

Switched boxes and still freezing. Will try to change splitter tomorrow. Aghhhhhhh! Lol

0 Likes
Tmaerk

My problem is similar.  I've finally figured out that when my main box is off, the mini im thr bedroom will constantly freeze intermittently.   If i go down to the main box in the living room and turn it on and come back upstairs, it won't freeze at all.   Before I figured this out, I had switched splitters, cables, TV inputs, everything.  It never fails that it has to do with the main box being on or off. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes