Box shutting down every 15-30 minutes?
kennethafoster

Has anyone had a problem where after turning on the tv, many channels (as far as I can tell, all except the local network affiliates) show one of either two messages - 'you are not subscribed' or 'this channel is unavailable' after around 15-20 minutes?  It has happened to me every time I've turned the TV on and while about half the time resetting the set top box works, this isn't acceptable.  The two times I have reached a technical support agent, they reset my box and ensured the problem was resolved permanently (despite the second time my trying to tell them that no, it wasn't).

This has been one of several issues in a horrific first week with Fios... it looks like some people here are happy with the service so I guess I'm just unlucky.

0 Likes
Re: Box shutting down every 15-30 minutes?
JennC3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am new as well and have had a lot of issues. Its very dissapointing. Right now my set top box has been resetting itself non stop for over an hour. They are sending a new box, however, I just got a new box 2 weeks ago. This is not the great service I have heard about from friends and family.

0 Likes
kl604
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had FIOS for about two years and this just started happeneing to my HD set top box. I've gotten three different answers for when to expect delivery of the new box. POOOOOORRRR customer service! I don't expect this to resolve the issue. If it doesn't, I will demand that the outside box be replaced next. I also have three standard set top boxes in the house that are not affected. Verizon seems to be skirting the issue rather than actually trying to solve it. My box shuts down every 5-10 minutes now. And often gets stuck in a restart cycle and won't come back up.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes