Browse Guide by Date?
Tlon
Enthusiast - Level 2
is there any way to change the date quickly on the guide.  For example, if I want to look four days ahead on a particular channel, is there a way of doing this without scrolling through four days of half hour sections?  Seems like a pretty simple thing and I'm sure I must be missing something somewhere.  Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Browse Guide by Date?
Justin46
Legend

@Tlon wrote:
is there any way to change the date quickly on the guide.  For example, if I want to look four days ahead on a particular channel, is there a way of doing this without scrolling through four days of half hour sections?  Seems like a pretty simple thing and I'm sure I must be missing something somewhere.  Thanks in advance.

Sure. Use the Skip Forward key (the key that you usually use for the DVR to skip 30 seconds or whatever setting you have) to go forward a day, and the Skip Backward key to go backward (but you can't go back before the current day). The keys in question are just to the right and left of the blue DVR key on the remote.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Tlon wrote:

Sure. Use the Skip Forward key (the key that you usually use for the DVR to skip 30 seconds or whatever setting you have) to go forward a day, and the Skip Backward key to go backward (but you can't go back before the current day). The keys in question are just to the right and left of the blue DVR key on the remote.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Tlon
Enthusiast - Level 2
Brilliant.  Thanks.  I knew I must have been missing something!
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

You are welcome. If I can toot my own horn just a little bit, if you go to the "Exploiting FiOS TV Favorites" topic here in the TV section of this forum you will see a number of ideas/thoughts/suggestions that might help make using the FiOS boxes easier and more enjoyable.The day forward/backward key thingy is listed down near the end of the PDF that is linked. You should also look through the posts, there are some additional items there that might help. 

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
papercutninja
Enthusiast - Level 2
Justin, you're a HUGE help on these forums. Toot away! Also, was that you that was featured in the NYTimes article?
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Thank you for the kind words! And yes, that is me, overweight and all. It was an interesting experience, and the photographer they sent out must have taken nearly 100 pictures, from every angle and with every lens ever created, given a choice I think I would have chosen a different one  Smiley Very Happy 

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes