Button delay in DVR mode with remote
coffeemade

So for the past 6 motnhsi have had no issue and love my FIOS TV, but last week I started having an issue that if I press ff or rewind or play I get either a delay of a few seconds up to a delay of 30 seconds or more from when the buttons are pressed.  I have used the remote I got from Verizon and also the universal remote and get the same delay. I can confirm that the signal is being sent to the front of the box and I havent changed the location of the RF repeater. I did just to test and still nothing changed. I am not sure if I need to take this box into a verizon store or if I can do a manual reset or go into a configuration page to check things out. Please let me know as this is getting annoying.

0 Likes
Re: Button delay in DVR mode with remote
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Before taking it into Verizon, you can try a reset by pulling the power for 15 - 30 seconds.  That will force it to re-boot and maybe free up some memory or process so that the response to your remote is more reasonable.  It seems that one of the standard methods of "fixing" (and I use that term loosely) problems is a re-boot.  Don't know if that will help or not, but worth a try.

0 Likes