Switch Account

Button delay in DVR mode with remote

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Button delay in DVR mode with remote

Message 1 of 2
(2,758 Views)

So for the past 6 motnhsi have had no issue and love my FIOS TV, but last week I started having an issue that if I press ff or rewind or play I get either a delay of a few seconds up to a delay of 30 seconds or more from when the buttons are pressed.  I have used the remote I got from Verizon and also the universal remote and get the same delay. I can confirm that the signal is being sent to the front of the box and I havent changed the location of the RF repeater. I did just to test and still nothing changed. I am not sure if I need to take this box into a verizon store or if I can do a manual reset or go into a configuration page to check things out. Please let me know as this is getting annoying.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Button delay in DVR mode with remote

Message 2 of 2
(2,725 Views)

Before taking it into Verizon, you can try a reset by pulling the power for 15 - 30 seconds.  That will force it to re-boot and maybe free up some memory or process so that the response to your remote is more reasonable.  It seems that one of the standard methods of "fixing" (and I use that term loosely) problems is a re-boot.  Don't know if that will help or not, but worth a try.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.