Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Buy rather than rent on quality movies

TCinTex
Contributor
Contributor

Buy rather than rent on quality movies

Message 1 of 3
(474 Views)

We pay far too much monthly to have to buy quality movies rather than rent them.  Please return/fix this soon!  - Long time FIOS customer, FIOS lover, and consistant bill payer - Tom 

2 REPLIES 2
Idealdoll
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Buy rather than rent on quality movies

Message 2 of 3
(432 Views)

Agree!  It makes no sense to me at all.  I can understand wanting to buy a movie I've already seen and liked enough to own - but why in the world would I want to buy a movie I've never seen???

LonnieL
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Buy rather than rent on quality movies

Message 3 of 3
(413 Views)

Hey there TCinTEX

The movie studios who own the rights to the movies set the time frames that determine when a title can be rented, and when they can be purchased.

Unfortunately these time frames don't mesh all the time, particularly for new release titles, so often a new title can't be rented as early as it can be purchased.

If you want to go deeper, check out http://www.vodprofessional.com/features/a-guide-to-pay-windows-for-tv-movies/ 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.