CABLECARD Notice
aadkins2

I received the June 25 cable card notice about fios "cablecard enforcement" coming July 31. I figured I would try and get mine fixed before then... Incase something's wrong with my card. I followed the letters instructions got the notice on channel 131. Tried calling the the number two different times. The first time, the rep didn't have access to the tool used to verify the cable card info. The second time I got a rep that was barely understandable, asked to be transferred but instead he came back on and gave me his interpretation of the letter. Is there another number or a tech I can call that has knowledge of the cable card systems that can update my info. I imagine one of the sets of numbers is wrong, Tv works just cant view that channel.               

0 Likes
Re: CABLECARD Notice
Justin46
Legend

@aadkins wrote:

I received the June 25 cable card notice about fios "cablecard enforcement" coming July 31. I figured I would try and get mine fixed before then... Incase something's wrong with my card. I followed the letters instructions got the notice on channel 131. Tried calling the the number two different times. The first time, the rep didn't have access to the tool used to verify the cable card info. The second time I got a rep that was barely understandable, asked to be transferred but instead he came back on and gave me his interpretation of the letter. Is there another number or a tech I can call that has knowledge of the cable card systems that can update my info. I imagine one of the sets of numbers is wrong, Tv works just cant view that channel.               

I do not have a cablecard so I have not received the letter, nor am I familiar with the procedure to pair a card with a device. But if you haven't seen it, here is a link to a thread over at DSLReports.com that discuses this in detail, maybe it will help.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27276765-TIVO-Here-comes-the-copy-protection-bit-letter-

Down a ways in the thread one poster (aaronwt) states that he used the procedure to do accomplish the pairing, it was very easy. I believe he used the first option. The way the letter reads calling that number does not cause you to talk to an agent at all, it is all automated.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Re: CABLECARD Notice
aadkins2

Yea its easy when they provide you an auth code, but with out it your forced to talk to a rep or unable to use the web method. Go figure the card that required a truck roll wasnt paired correctly. The second card was a self install and was paired correctly using the web with auth code.

0 Likes