CBS DVR issues
JPS410

I cannot record CBS shows on my DVR. I have no problem recording anything else.

Solutions?

0 Likes
Re: CBS DVR issues
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do you get when trying to record?
Have you tried to recordd a show that is running by hitting the record button?

ComeBackShane2

Same or similar problem for months. Shows seem to record, but then when I try to play one, the DVR freezes, then jumps to live TV. The show remains in my recordings list, but it is marked as watched, and there is no option to restart. It just will not work. I have tried the support options from STB, FIOS app, and spent hours on phone with tech support. Verizon sent new DVR/STB, but problem persists. And it happens only with CBS shows, as far as I can tell. Given that more than half the shows that I record are on CBS and I am paying a FORTUNE for this service that I cannot use, it is aggravating enough that I’m probably going to cut the cord. 

0 Likes
DVR keeps freezing during recording
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’ve noticed lately my DVR will freeze during a recording of a program, but only on that channel. All other channels are fine, but on the channel that is being recorded, it will keep going back to a few seconds before it froze and then freeze again. I’ve tried rebooting the box a few times but it will just keep happening. I am currently on hold with Verizon and have been for about 15 minutes. This is very frustrating. 

0 Likes
Re: DVR keeps freezing during recording
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I have a bit of an update: I’ve seen a few posts about something similar happening on CBS. That’s the channel that it’s happening on here. I wonder if it could be related. 

0 Likes
delfin1

I am getting something very similar on my end.  When my DVR attempts to record my wife's CBS afternoon soap opera, more often than not it produces two 8-9 second recordings that freeze and bomb out to live TV as has been described.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is strange.

I record a fair amount of CBS content (colbert daily as well as at least 3-4 prime time shows a week).

Do you only have the one box? If you have multiple, have you tried swapping them around?

What CBS station is it?

ComeBackShane2

I have only one box. 
CBS station is WUSA 9 in DC.

Tonight I was able to record and watch one show by switching from the SD FIOS channel 9 to the HD channel (FIOS channel 509). [I have series set to record SD channels to conserve space.] I do not know if problem solved by new channel or if was a fluke. Will see if it works for rest of week, as I changed all CBS series to the HD channel. 

0 Likes
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2

So it’s a similar problem that I’m having but not the same, as I’m recording the HD channel, and it’s not the same affiliate. 

0 Likes
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just wondering, do you have the Fios TV One box?

0 Likes