CNN-Twitter popup
HDViewer
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I keep that **bleep** CNN-Twitter pop-up from appearing on my screen?  It's extremely annoying.  Turning off pop-ups in the menu does not work.  Even activating the widget does not stop it.

0 Likes
Re: CNN-Twitter popup
Justin46
Legend

I have tried every option I can think of to turn it off, to no avail. I don't think there currently is any way to do so. But I sure agree with you, it is extremely annoying.

Edit: Vote here, might help: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Disable-TV-Pop-ups/idc-p/267801#M3018

Keller, TX 76248

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I second that ...   I've stopped watching CNN as a result.   Hear that CNN and Verizon?!?  I want to "watch" TV, not be bothered by annoying popups!

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

There is no way to permenantly turn it off, BUT you can simply hit exit when you see it, and it will not show up, pop up or return for the entirety that you're tuned to that station.   

when you leave and then come back to the station, you'll have to simply remember to hit exit when it happens again.   

It gets triggered to pop up every time you leave the station and come back. 

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Agreed ... but I don't want to have to do that even.   I'm channel surfing, not looking to interact with their blasted nuisance twitter (who has time to waste on that) popup.     Give me an option to turn off this garbage permanently and don't bother me with it.  Until then, I'll get my news from a real news channel that doesn't want to annoy it's viewers.

prisaz
Legend

Solution:

Tune to Fox News.Smiley Very Happy

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Precisely.  Smiley Surprised

prisaz
Legend

@lasagna wrote:

Precisely.  Smiley Surprised

You deserve kudo(s) for that agreement! If you were agreeing with Tune to Fox News.:smileyvery-happy:

Hubrisnxs
Legend

well at least they are listening at the idea exchange

by  Joe_Ambeault Employee on 01-11-2011 04:01 AM
Status changed to In Progress

Hear you and a setting to disable that message is being implemented

kirchhoff

Clicking on the url that is supposed to help, I get a message that I do not have sufficient priveleges.  Which is about ten times more irritating than the CNN Twitter Popup

0 Likes