CNN and other channels freezing and pixelating for weeks
KDnVB
Enthusiast - Level 3

CNN and others...have restarted all my STB's and G3100 with no joy.....very irritating! 

0 Likes
Verizon fios signal issue
TJD2

My CNN has been freezing and skipping about every 2 minutes.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon fios signal issue
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TJD wrote:

My CNN has been freezing and skipping about every 2 minutes.

Have you checked for a local outage? Have you checked in system info for a poor SNR? What location are you?

0 Likes
Re: Channels freezing and pixelating for weeks
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@KDnVB wrote:

CNN and others...have restarted all my STB's and G3100 with no joy.....very irritating! 

Check ALL coax connections, loosen and re-tighten them. Check the splitter,should be MoCa 2.0 certified. Look at System info in menu when picture is bad. Check the SNR, if it's bad or poor you most likely have a bad splitter or coax wire in the house.

0 Likes
jab315
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the exact same issue for the last couple of days.  This is clearly something on Verizon's end.

0 Likes
Gweagraff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just noticed the same thing today, just with CNN. But yeah I noticed it will freeze and then actually pause. It doesn’t actually pixelate. You in the Boston area?

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same thing here re CNN, and it’s been going on for a week. Freezes every few minutes for a couple of seconds. I tried calling Verizon, but couldn’t get through heir holds and chat didn’t work. 

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tried their app to fix the freezing. App rebooted my STB.  Didn’t work. Then app took me to page that said “Based on the steps we have just completed, it looks like we will need additional help.

Please select Next to continue.“

I hit Next 20 times, pausing for several seconds after each press of the button. The page never budged. Total waste of time. I think they design these “fixes” just to make their customers give up. 

Re: CNN and other channels freezing and pixelating for weeks
MSEE
Enthusiast - Level 1

VMS4100 / G1100 -->

Been watching CNN. Stuttering, freezing, pixelating almost exactly every five minutes. I used a Lap Timer on my cell phone and get this:

05:04

10:05

15:12

20:14

25:15

30:15

35:16

40:14

45:10

50:08

55:05

1:00:01

1:04:57 and on and on it goes. Tried all the standard stuff: Reset and Power Recycle ONT, STB, Router. Checked splitter MOCA 2.0 is compatible. All coax cables replaced, all ethernet cables replaced, unplugged the slave 4200 mini. Anybody???

MbHarrison
Enthusiast - Level 1

It’s driving us crazy! It’s just CNN every few minutes - it freezes!

0 Likes