Cable Box Keeps resetting only when computer is on.
bourquer

My cable box keeps resetting when ever the computer is on. I get an LDR code on the box, resets, I have to press menu to get the cable back on and then the reset screen loads. It will continue to reset every 10 minutes or less until the computer is shut off. I can have other devices connected to the internet but it seems this is the only device that causes a problem. I have verizon fios. I have had a new box come to the house already and hooked it up, same problem occurs.

Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Cable Box Keeps resetting only when computer is on.
Justin46
Legend

@bourquer wrote:

My cable box keeps resetting when ever the computer is on. I get an LDR code on the box, resets, I have to press menu to get the cable back on and then the reset screen loads. It will continue to reset every 10 minutes or less until the computer is shut off. I can have other devices connected to the internet but it seems this is the only device that causes a problem. I have verizon fios. I have had a new box come to the house already and hooked it up, same problem occurs.

Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks.

I have never experienced that, with as many as 4 computers and a cellphone active on my FiOS network with three STBs also all active.

I wonder if perhaps you have that computer set to acquire a static IP Address from the FiOS router with an address of 192.168.1.1xx and that conflicts with the IP address used by the STB? The FiOS STBs by default acquire IP addresses starting at 192.168.1.100 and going up from there, depending on how many STBs you have, and computers, cellphones, etc. by default get their addresses via DHCP starting at 192.168.1.1. You can log into the router and see the various devices it sees with their IP addresses, and look in your system to see what IP address it has.

Sorry, but that is the only thing I can think of.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Re: Cable Box Keeps resetting only when computer is on.
i_ate_the_tacos
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a program on your computer which is causing the issue. Are you running a home network?

0 Likes