Re: Cable Card/beIN Sports channel 598-audio only
sharonp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great information!  Thanks to both of you.  So is my problem because I am using a CABLE CARD on this old Panny and I could get these MPEG4 channels with the right Verizon STB?? Or is it the TV that has to do the MPEG4 conversion?  Probably a dumb question....My other TVs are newer and use STBs.  We were issued new STBs when we upgraded to the Ultimate package a few weeks ago.  Is there a newer version of the CABLE CARD that will decode MPEG4?

Thanks in advance,

Sharon

0 Likes
Re: Cable Card/beIN Sports channel 598-audio only
PJL
Master - Level 3

@SharonP wrote:

Great information!  Thanks to both of you.  So is my problem because I am using a CABLE CARD on this old Panny and I could get these MPEG4 channels with the right Verizon STB?? Or is it the TV that has to do the MPEG4 conversion?  Probably a dumb question....My other TVs are newer and use STBs.  We were issued new STBs when we upgraded to the Ultimate package a few weeks ago.  Is there a newer version of the CABLE CARD that will decode MPEG4?

Thanks in advance,

Sharon

Yes, it appears your Panasonic TV does not decode the MPEG4 video signal correctly.  A 7XXX STB will recode MPEG4 channels, so if you got one it would work.  The cable card does not decode the video signal, it just decrypts (which is differerent that decoding) the signal for channels that are authorized in your package.  Decryption is a different function than decoding.

0 Likes