Cable Line Outdoor Installation
calljack

Just had a VZ repair tech man run temporary cable line through three home properties -- middle of yards in rear of home -- in order to provide service to another property owner whose line was apparently cut when gardening.  The line will be permanently installed later, but a couple of home owners are questioning the burying of lines in their yard for use by someone else.  I had the same problem when I moved here and wanted to do construction and gardening.  I was told that the lines should be running along the property lines, not right through them.  It's what they use to do years ago, but now it's not to be done.  When the crew comes to put in the cable, they will most likely be out-sourced and will dig wherever the line is laid out, not installing it where it should be.  I contacted VZ FIOS to report this because the tech refused to listen to me.  He just walked on past me.  When I reached Tech support at long last after being on hold, the man there, "Danny," was of no help.  He told me the tech guy is in charge, and there was no one else who could be talked to because foreman don't come in on the weekends.  When I asked for a number to call, he would not give me one.  He said he'd have someone call.  So I asked for a supervisor, and he told me he'd transfer me to the "complaint" department.  After being on hold for that area, the woman who came on said I had been transferred to a non-FIOS supervisory area, and that I'd have to call back on the main line again and start all over.  At that point, I gave up trying to talk to anyone, and instead logged in here.

Not sure anyone cares, but if I'm a non-Verizon property owner, and don't need or want VZ lines running through my back yard, I sure won't appreciate having them installed when I am unaware of it.  Who would think to call VZ when they dig if they don't have VZ?  I had a utility company come in and they found lines for Comcast, DirectTV, VZ all over my yard -- and I had none of those utilities at the time!  All were disconnected or moved to the property lines with our permission because they belonged to another neighboring property owner.  VZ should get permission in advance or only run lines from the underground or overhead pole line areas along property lines only and only go on property that belongs and uses the cable or FIOS line.  Since I'm at a loss who to contact and who will care at this point about my neighbors' yards (those who were not home at the time) and mine, I'm hoping this will get through without being edited or deleted so something will happen before new line is buried.

0 Likes
Re: Cable Line Outdoor Installation
PJL
Master - Level 3

Why did you even let the installer on your property in the first place?  I would have booted him off and called the police if he didn't leave.  That said, is there an easement on the property that requires the ability of a utility to cross your property? 

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi calljack,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

calljack,

Since we haven't heard back from you or received the form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

- Joseph_VZ

0 Likes