Cable box return
lynnemac130
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was on the phone with customer support as well as technical support this weekend for a total of 1.5 hours. My issue was the size of my cable box. Too big for the space I wanted to put it. First customer rep I spoke with was very nice and said to check them out on the website to see if one would fit. Called back with a solution and I was told they could send one for a cost of $19.99 but could not guarantee the box I would get. There is a fairly new black box with no visual display that would have worked. I said I was not interested in paying $19.99 to ship a box that may just be another of the box I was replacing. They told me that maybe if I go to the store they would exchange it for the other type. Now when I agreed to switch from Comcast to Verizon I was concerned that there was no Verizon Communications store within 50 minutes of my house. They said not a problem we will ship at no charge anything you need. Great. That worked for a while. No longer an option.  So I made the 53 minute trek to the closest store and I had decided to return the box and maybe pick up a cable card. When I go the the agent told me that there was a drop off charge of $9.99.  WHAT I drove her I said, I could have requested a box to bring to UPS for no charge. I guess they are trying to weed out the stores all together. SO forget the cable card, there was a UPS store across the street and I brought it to them and they will send it to Verizon at no cost to me. Now I know why the cost keeps escalating for Verizon services. Comcast had an office in my town as with most others. Really Verizon, charge me to drive 40+ miles to drop off equipment...and yeah neither the customer service rep or the tech support rep mentioned anything about a drop off fee. WHat a waste of time. Not a happy customer right now. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes