Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Cable cards for Tivo box: two different chat reps say VZ no longer offers Cable Cards.

SOLVED
scparker
Contributor
Contributor

Cable cards for Tivo box: two different chat reps say VZ no longer offers Cable Cards.

Message 1 of 4
(1,234 Views)

Hello All,

I've just moved to the Philly area and am in the process of getting Fios installed. I've asked the on-line chat reps about getting a cable card for my Tivo Premier and two different reps say "Jasper(23:51:37): I apologize but you would be unable to order a Cable Card as we do not provide Cable Cards anymore."

Yet, I see questions about cable cards and Tivo tuners. Where can I obtain a Cable Card?

Thanks, Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Cable cards for Tivo box: two different chat reps say VZ no longer offers Cable Cards.

Message 2 of 4
(1,231 Views)

They have cable cards the rep probably just doesn't know how to add it to the account.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Cable cards for Tivo box: two different chat reps say VZ no longer offers Cable Cards.

Message 2 of 4
(1,232 Views)

They have cable cards the rep probably just doesn't know how to add it to the account.

View solution in original post

ursa99
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(1,135 Views)

I got mine from a few mos.ago at a local VZ store.  Otherwise you should be able to get them via the phone.  They DO have them. 

scparker
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(1,086 Views)

Update: I called and they added the card to my order. 

Thanks, Scott

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.