CableCARDs wiped out - Channels 550 and higher...
mjryder

I think there might have been an update or something last night (3/23)... I know at least one of my STBs reset. The morning I noticed that the CableCARD in my TiVO box now doesn't see any channels from 550 on up. This happened a couple of years ago - all CableCARD customers ended up without service for several weeks. Tried calling support but it was busy. Anyone else having this issue? This is in the Western New York region.

0 Likes
Re: CableCARDs wiped out - Channels 550 and higher...
mguzzo

same problem here with my STBs. My DVR STB can't see any subscribed channels abouve 49. The other HD STB works fine, though. Something got reset last night around 1130pm and it's been screwy ever since.

0 Likes
RwK2
Almost exactly the same issue with the DVR7216 STB but the non-DVR STB is fine. At various points in the diagnostics process I lost various channels, and sometimes everything above 526. Just finished swapping in the new STB they shipped which works okay. I'm suspicious there was an update that hosed the cablecard but there's really no way to know. The tech on the phone didn't seem surprised and jumped quickly to the "we'll ship a new box" solution. Effective but losing all the settings and everything recorded on the DVR and external storage is more than a little annoying. Dick
0 Likes
mjryder

Well, unlike my past experience, this was resolved fairly easily (albeit after a 70min hold time waiting for a tech)... The CableCARD responded to the reprogramming the support person sent. After my previous experience with CableCARDs where the techs didn't seem to have any idea how to support them, this was very simple. Tech indicated it may indeed have been as a result of an upgrade on the Verizon end...

0 Likes
dipiddy

If the Inhome agent doesn't see your CableCARD while trying AutoCorrect, you'll need to contact Verizon tech support to do something from the office.

0 Likes
wiz28

I am in central Pa and same thing as of last night. I cannot get any channels above 49. Tried unplugging box and upon that not working, called tech support and computer tried a reboot to boxes and could not do it either. In-home agent was useless as well. Tried talking to a human being and was taking way too long so hung up. Looks to me like someone is going to be losing a job over this one. Well at least I still have the internet.

0 Likes
patrickenders

Anyone with a cable card with any success in getting this resovled?

thanks

patrick

0 Likes
patrickenders

After 1.5 hours on hold they opended some ports and sent the refresh command which fixed the issue.

0 Likes