CableCard Problem Fox channels DRM
airedwin

I have a HD HomeRun prime and I cannot see any of the fox channels like 617 or 618 listed. I've called tech support and they were able to get the channels listed sometimes, but they are marked as DRM protected. Is there anyway someone can change these to copy free for my account?

0 Likes
Re: CableCard Problem Fox channels DRM
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@airedwin wrote:

I have a HD HomeRun prime and I cannot see any of the fox channels like 617 or 618 listed. I've called tech support and they were able to get the channels listed sometimes, but they are marked as DRM protected. Is there anyway someone can change these to copy free for my account?

You need to talk to the business people to get your account reset. Tech cant do that.

0 Likes
airedwin

How do I do that? What is an account reset?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@airedwin wrote:

How do I do that? What is an account reset?

Look here:

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/contact-us/contactuslanding.htm

Tell them you are having authentication issues and need to have the account reset.

0 Likes
Will_K

I was bitten by this issue for all DRM channels (FS1, Fox News, Fox Business, National Geographic, and perhaps others).  I have a multistream CC in a TiVo Bolt.

I spent 1+ hours with Verizon support, who finally decided to replace the cable card.  Which of course, did nothing.

But here's where it gets interesting....

After another 2.5 hours on chat support with the new Cable Card still not working, I was increasingly sure that there was no recourse.  But eventually, after a mysterious "escalation to the backend team", the channels started WORKING!

They wouldn't tell me what the backend team did, or even acknowledge that it was a DRM issue, but I have a sneaking suspicion that because I basically threw a fit and threatened to drop Fios multiple times, the backend team was able to remove the CCI flags on my account.  That seems like the only explanation (unless they have some other trick to keep those flags, but teach the CC to properly decode them, although if that's true, I'm not sure why it wouldn't have just worked out of the box)

So for anyone seeing this thread, maybe all hope is not lost.  It'll cost you 4 frustrating hours of your life, but if you scream loud enough, it does appear that Verizon can resolve it.

0 Likes
patpend

After spending 4+ hours on the phone with FiOS support and trying 2 different CableCards I had no luck getting DRM channels to play on an HD HomeRun.

0 Likes