CableCard Problem
DavidTowson

I have been using a CableCard without difficulty in a 2004 model RCA rear projection set since December 2009. But I have just noticed that I can no longer decode a number of channels that are part of my plan, and which I could decode previously. Now, if I tune to one of those channels, I get a message on the screen that says the channel is encrypted. If I remove the CableCard, the set displays good signal strength for a large number of channels, but it can't decode any of them. That is, it displays the "channel is encrypted" message for all channels. So it appears that all channels are encrypted, and the CableCard can decode many of them but not all that are part of my plan. Something has changed. I have had a new CableCard installed and activated, but that did not correct the problem. However, a set-top box could decode all of the channels, so it's not a "permissions" problem. A letter I received from Verizon in August of 2010 warned that system changes due to be implemented would affect the ability of some older equipment to operate properly with CableCards, so I assume that has something to do with it. But why are the effects selective (affect only certain channels), and can anything be done to correct the problem without having to use a box?

0 Likes
Re: CableCard Problem
Pete7552
0 Likes
Re: CableCard Problem
Hubrisnxs
Legend

get your tv model number  go to www.retrevo.com and see if you can pull a manual for it.

see if it supports simulcrypt or call your tv manufacturer tech support.  if it doesn't support simulcrypt then you are going to need to do like the other poster said, and think about a new tv or get a fios cable box. 

0 Likes