CableCard activation
colettimj

I have a CableCard that I previously used with a Ceton PCI card. The PC it was in died and it took me a long time to rebuild. Now that I have the PCI card and CableCard up and running again, it looks as though I need to re-active the CableCard since I can't get any premium channels.

I called the toll free number for activation twice in the last 24 hours and was on hold for > 25 minutes each time. I tried calling the FIOS Tech Support number a short time ago and was also on hold for > 15 minutes before I decided to give up.

Is there any way to get this CableCard (which was previously activated and working) activated again without having to sit on hold for... however long?

0 Likes
Re: CableCard activation
Z1andOwnLee

I also have a cable card issue.  Installed in Tivo.  Was working and then had a problem with the hard drive.  Replaced the hard drive and now cannot receive premimum/HBO channel. 

I have a Verizon DVR on same coaxial cable, signal being split to Verizon DVR and Tivo box.  Can view HBO on Verizon DVR.

Tried activating, reactivating, confirming data # on my side is same as Verizon records, tune to channel 131 when talking to Verizon support.  Asked for tech to send re-validate signal instead of validate.

Do not know what else to do?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Download and install the in home agent,  It is super easy to re sync cable cards with it. 

www.verizon.com/connect

Also make sure it's the Host ID, Data ID, and Cable ID from pairing screen on your device.  Don't go by the VZ records.  that is normally why there is a problem, because the vz records might not be correct.  So make sure to go to your pairing screen first before using the in home agent.

Z1andOwnLee

I attempted to use the in home agent but it states there is no record of a cablecard on my account?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

hm... that's wierd,   Try the Activation site.  http://www.verizon.com/fiostv/selfinstall

That software worked for me when multiple calls into verizon did not.   

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if the auto activation and validations don't work, then you have pester live chat or call in. 

Here is a thread, that after multiple times the rep's did not know what to do - until the guy found the right person.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/HBO-quot-not-subscribed-quot-using-HDhomer...

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

colettimj,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
kevinmccoy1

...or, like me on several occasions, he has given up.   Yesterday I spent a good part of the precious weekend on Live Chat trying to get my HBO and MAX back, and fix what I suspect is a "Copy Never" protection level on WMFP-DT (though that one may be WMFP's fault and they don't know it, IDK - been haunting them too).

My CableCard has worked with HBO and MAX occasionally, but something has reset either the Host ID or Data ID the makes it fail authorization to get HBO and MAX.   Yesterday I was assured that it would be resolved, I do NOT want to get into another chat (especially at this hour), and maybe this will only result in venting but here is the transcript of the chat yesterday (with only email addresses removed):

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
kevinmccoy1

BTW, the In Home Agent but it states there is no record of a cablecard on my account also, it has a feature to activate a new CableCard with an activation code, but for a card already activated it has no fearures to re-activate.  Kinda missing the rabbit ear antennas sometimes 😉

0 Likes
kevinmccoy1

P.S.   Apologies, seems like something else needed to happen here - the issue was partly fixed obviously.   I decided to try going through the activation again (although I was afraid it would cause me to lose the channels that I did have working, and I really wanted to see 24 last night 🙂 )    When I first got the card I recalled that re-activation changed some number used in the authentication.

I re-ran activation, which ends with a message to call my cable provider with a phone number supplied.   I didn't think that this did anything, but for some reason tried HBO anyway... itttsssss baaaaacckkkk....

Glad I tried this first before doing searches for Linux alternatives, was prepared to sacrifice a laptop to the penguin...

Thanks to all who helped with this, and wish there was a simple wizard (the Verizon In-Home Agent would be great if it covered re-activation as well as the original, it does not detect existing CableCards, and once hte initial activation code is used it can't be re-used.

0 Likes