CableCard woes
harmomelodic

On Tuesday I had a CableCard install that did not succeed.

The tech tried, but it was getting late, and he was not sure how to troubleshoot the problem.

Based on everything I have already read, it is clearly a Verizon-side problem.  They tried 2 cards and submitted to the system twice on each.

Verizon's set top box (HD DVR) works.  The tech tested signal, AOK.

On the Conditional Access Screen (the page where Tivo (I have an XL4) says should have certain values (http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2569)

I see the following.

Unit/Address: 000-00127-52862-192

Encryption: C CSA

Con: Yes EBDP: Yes Val: ? 0x00

according to them, Val should = V

and if it is not, the pairing has not taken place

0 Likes
Re: CableCard woes
harmomelodic

I should add.

I tried to reauth myself using both the webpage and IHA, but the webpage requires a 'validation code' which is supposed to be on a 'welcome letter' that I never received.  A tech came to do the install so there way no letter.

The IHA seems unable to see any of my services.  On all the pages (TV, internet) it simply says I am not subscribed.

0 Likes
Re: CableCard woes
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

I've never used a cable card but...in reading the posts at the Verizon forum at dslreports.com, the consistent suggestion is to use Verizon Live Chat to get cable cards authenticated/established/working properly--vs. calling Verizon support--because people have had more success with Live Chat. Apparently, for certain broadcasters like HBO (and a few others) which encrypt their broadcasts, an extra step is required to get the cable card to work for those broadcasters...

Hope the above helps...

0 Likes