Caller ID alert on TV, not working
Bassman11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, Forum.  I am fairly new to Verizon FIOS (almost a month).  My caller ID alerts were working well until several days ago.  I have called, chatted with customer service, without any resolution to the problem.  Although, I did speak to a guy in New Jersey who got it up and running, although it lasted only one day.  Since then, I was to numerous times, that, my problem was due to some sort of outage (affecting caller ID alerts ONLY).  Which I thught was very suspect/strange.  I have done ALL of the troubleshooting steps/suggestions provided by Verizon, even some of my own, and the alert still does not appear.  I am open to any suggestions by anyone here, how to get this problem solved.  I have Verizon Triple Play:  1GB Internet, TV. and Digital Voice.  Appreciate any help.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID alert on TV, not working
jonjones1
Legend

Just an idea “did you reset your set top box”? That may clear any issues and start the alerts back again. Barring that you could try resetting your router first, just turn on and off don’t use the little reset button in the back unless you are told to by tech support.

sometimes a refresh of router and or set top box may get things working again.

but I don’t use Verizon for tv or phone just internet but again not with any of their equipment. So hopefully it works out for you.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you use the caller id troubleshotting under menu customer support, do you get the test alert?

0 Likes
Bassman11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Used the caller ID troubleshooter several times and the alert did not appear. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I assume you are using Verizon router?

Preferably G1100.

When you say No to seeing alert, are you given any additional steps or diagnostic codes?

0 Likes
Bassman11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Error code is: CID_106

0 Likes
h27paul

I have the same error code and exact same problem

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes