Caller ID issue
Stevef3NJ
Contributor - Level 1

This is the second time that my Caller ID on my TV does not work.  It is activated.  Last time, I had to unplug both my cable box and reset my router.  It worked again.  I don't want to have to do that every time I want my caller id to work.  What is causing this issue.  I like the new feature if it would work.  Thanks...Steve

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID issue
VZ_Javier
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like to investigate further.  Please go to the link below so that I can secure the account.  I will also email you from my FiosTech Javier email on facebook. 

Link: https://www98.verizon.com/content/verizonsupport/

0 Likes
peterkemp47

Caller ID has been available in the DFW area and when I try to activate through the settings menu, I get a message telling me that I don't have Caller ID, which I do. I spent nearly 1.5 hours talking to the tech support guys trying to figure out why this was happening. It even was escalated up a couple of support levels. The first guess was that I needed to go online and sign up for the service. The URL I was given didn't work and resulted in a "SORRY"  page. Finally, one of the "higher up" support guys said that I need to have a digital voice connection and not the standard phone connection for the caller id feature to work. Apparently this is a new voice service that is coming on line and the tech guys said it was an extra charge item and I would have to contact billing. He also said that I may need to upgrade my DVRs to rev 3 (I have a 1 and a 2).

I contacted billing and got a woman who must have thought she was tech support because she tried to solve the problem herself. She said that according to the reading materials, caller id should work no matter which voice service you have. And she said there is no charge and that I will be automatically upgraded when it comes online in my area.

Has anyone in North Texas had success with the caller id feature? Has anyone had the same problem I have (Fios telling me I don't have caller id) and had it successfully resolved? If so, how was it resolved.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I have also read that you must have a digital line on your FIOS connection, or Verizon Call Assistant. Digital lines are not deployed in many areas, but Verizon Call assistant is a free service you can have enabled on your line. The VCA software will allow you to get caller ID and voicemail from your PC, but the feature enabled on your line also allows you the get caller ID through the STB.

Now a VCA widget might add something great! Like the ability to check your voicemail from your STB when a program is paused.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Update read VZ_Christian's post in this thread.

Must Have Fios Digital Phone Service or

Fios standard Phone Service + Verizon Call Assistant + Fios Internet service.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Caller-ID-on-TV-Verizon-I-want-that-hour-o...

0 Likes