Re: Caller ID on TV
Justin46
Legend

@rwjoseph wrote:

i was finally told that caller ID on the TV will not work unless you have Verizon Call Assistant.  So i've called the orders department 3 times and placed 3 separate orders for Call Assistant and each time the order has mysteriously vanished.  Call Assistant is a free add-on, so i guess they just don't want to give anything away for free.  in any case, i cannot figure out why i keep placing an order and each time it keeps getting lost.

Why are you calling anybody? You can order Call Assistant on the web (and I really don't think the ordering people can order it anyway, don't know for sure):

https://www36.verizon.com/callassistant/signin.aspx

There is a button on the lower right of the web page to click on to order.

Several things:

1) You do not need the Call Assistant PC client installed on your PC or running to get Caller ID on TV to work.

2) I am surprised that you need to order Call Assistant yourself. In the beginning with Caller ID you did, but then Verizon supposedly made the registration for Call Assistant automatic when you activated the Caller ID thingy on the TV. That is the reason for the delay in it starting to work I think.

Anyway, try ordering it via the website and see if that works any better.

Keller, TX 76248

Hubrisnxs
Legend

when you do the availability check it tells you you are ordering call assistant.  it does it all through the set top box, there is no need to "actually order it" with the orders dept.   Try a chat support link, don't mention call assistant, just tell them that your caller ID doesn't work and let them fix it,  I have had great success with the chat guys.    Very few people here who have caller ID on tv have ever had to call in to order call assistant or even subscribe to it at the website, so that is a very wierd answer.  

Here is the link

Contact Us 

0 Likes
rottenkid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to order call assist though the dvr, I got confirmation on my pc that is would take about 2 days to go through. After 2 -3 days I got a messagr on my pc that the order failed and I had to call. I did call and was taken care of. While I was still on the phone, verizon called me and it showed up on the TV.

0 Likes
jim511

I am also having the problem of no caller id on my tv.

0 Likes
Barb231

I had Direct TV installed today & I have Verizon phone service.  Should I have Caller ID on my TV?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

If you have a phoneline connected to your Directv box, I believe that Callerid will work.  OF course this is NOT a FIOS question.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Barb23 wrote:

I had Direct TV installed today & I have Verizon phone service.  Should I have Caller ID on my TV?

The DirecTV receiver should, if plugged into a phone line, display Caller ID information if you have enabled it in the receiver's settings.

Keep in mind that you've posted to a Verizon FiOS TV forum, not a Verizon DirecTV forum.

0 Likes