Caller ID on TV
HughB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't get caller Id to show up on the TV.  When I go into the menu, the message I get is that I need to have a caller Id package (which I already do have).  Tried to get Call Assistant but the VZ website says its not available in my area.

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID on TV
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Hugh I sent you a PM to get your account info. Thanks!

0 Likes
2golftoday
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem.  We have Caller ID service on our phone, but I get the same message when we try to set it up on the TV.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

In order to get the caller ID on tv, you need to either have the triple play package (TV, Phone, and Internet). Or If you dont have one of the serviecs, then you need Call Assistant added to your phone service.

If you do have the triple play, or you have the call assistant and it still doesnt work. Call tech support and they will help activate it.

LEOinDC

I have the same issue with NO CALLER ID display on TV. Can you assist with this?

0 Likes
kcammie
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm actually of trying to attempt this. I've called tech support and spent over 30 minutes trying to fix the issue in which I just gave up. So I now turn to the forums and hopefully someone from tech support that have insight on this issue can help me resolve this. Or anyone else for that matter.
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

A triple play service is required for caller ID on TV. If you have FiOS Digital voice, no other action is needed for extra signing up. All you have to do is press MENU, then goto SETTINGS, then CALLER ID, then CHECK AVAILABILITY. This will walk you through the activation process. For Triple play customers who do not have FiOS Digital Voice, you need to sign up and then install the free program Verizon Call Assistance from http://bit.ly/dMug4I . Once done you can go through the steps above to activate it. May take up to 24-48 hours to register with the caller ID on TV servers.

0 Likes
rwjoseph

I do have triple play bundle as well as fios digital telephone service and my tv still tells me that i do not have caller ID service.  also, fios digital phone app on my android tells me that i don't even have digital phone service at all.  both of these indications from verizon are wrong.  what is wrong with my caller id on my tv?  i used to have directv with verizon digital phone and directv was perfectly able to display my caller id.

0 Likes
rottenkid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told that since I have the older D-link router, that caller ID won't work. Verizon is sending me the actiontec router. It should be here tomorrow. Hopefully that is it. I will post back tomorrow.

0 Likes
rwjoseph

i was finally told that caller ID on the TV will not work unless you have Verizon Call Assistant.  So i've called the orders department 3 times and placed 3 separate orders for Call Assistant and each time the order has mysteriously vanished.  Call Assistant is a free add-on, so i guess they just don't want to give anything away for free.  in any case, i cannot figure out why i keep placing an order and each time it keeps getting lost.

0 Likes