Can Connect Remotely to DVR Through App, but not Internet
vzrp1samtro2

So after a ridiculously long back and forth with Verizon about mapping the router and DVR so I can access it remotely, it now works on the App but NOT through my computer on verizon.com.  No idea why they would work differently, but any ideas? I really don't want to go through the phone support again. 

0 Likes
Re: Can Connect Remotely to DVR Through App, but not Internet
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are you trying to access DVR from your computer?

It sounds as though you are using your own router which can be problematic in opening all the correct ports.

If you are, I assume you have read the thread on the Internet forum about how to set up your own router to be used with FIOS STB.

0 Likes
vzrp1samtro2

Thanks so much for the reply! I was originally trying to us a G1100 I bought off ebay, but it wasn't working correctly despite being the exact same model router (it worked for everything but this remote dvr function). In any event, we swapped in the router Verizon sent me and it worked--but only through the myfios app.

It actually miraculously works today, after three days of trying (I was trying to access it through verizon.com>services>tv>mange my dvr). That doesn't really make any sense, but I'll take it. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to be careful when buying Quantum routers.

Both FIOS and Frontier use the same router.

But they have different firmware and will not operate properly on the other's network.