Can FIos One remote pair with an older av receiver?
HS224

My set-up includes the FiosOne, a Samsung QLED and a 10-year-old Pioneer Elite VSX-50 av receiver.  The receiver is not bluetooth enabled but I'm told there are bluetooth adapters for av receivers. In researching them, the core funcationality seems to be to enable someone to stream their music from a mobile phone through their receiver.  That's great, but what I want to do is enable me to pair my receiver to the FiosOne remote as I have with the TV.  Does anyone know if that will work?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can FIos One remote pair with an older av receiver?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. Go to Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup

1. Select your TV or Receiver Brand and Model and follow the steps,
  2. You will see a “Success” message in the top right of the TV screen when the setup is complete

The TV One remote is only Bluetooth to the set-top box. It still sends IR to the sound system. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. Go to Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup

1. Select your TV or Receiver Brand and Model and follow the steps,
  2. You will see a “Success” message in the top right of the TV screen when the setup is complete

The TV One remote is only Bluetooth to the set-top box. It still sends IR to the sound system. 

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@HS224 wrote:

My set-up includes the FiosOne, a Samsung QLED and a 10-year-old Pioneer Elite VSX-50 av receiver.  The receiver is not bluetooth enabled but I'm told there are bluetooth adapters for av receivers. In researching them, the core funcationality seems to be to enable someone to stream their music from a mobile phone through their receiver.  That's great, but what I want to do is enable me to pair my receiver to the FiosOne remote as I have with the TV.  Does anyone know if that will work?

It might be possible because the Fios One remote only uses blutooth for the Fios one boxes. All other devices are controlled via Infra Red light. So there is a chance it may have the ability to control the receiver via IR. You would need to go through the programming and choose Pioneer as the brand when asked, or use the trial and error method.

HS224

Thanks. That works, at least when I paired the receiver to the remote and then point the remote at the receiver. Now my issue is the receiver is hidden. I’ll need an IR extender the remote can see, right?  If yes, any recos?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@HS224 wrote:

Thanks. That works, at least when I paired the receiver to the remote and then point the remote at the receiver. Now my issue is the receiver is hidden. I’ll need an IR extender the remote can see, right?  If yes, any recos?

Not knowing whether your AV receiver has 5V out via the mini jack for IR extender, I'd go with something like this, that simply covers the IR window of the Receiver and repeats the codes from its remote receiver.

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Infrared-Extender-Repeater/dp/B014EDRH3G/ref=sr_1_5?crid=YAALA5...