Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Can I get multiroom DVR upgrade at the promotional 3 free months rate?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Can I get multiroom DVR upgrade at the promotional 3 free months rate?

Message 1 of 3
(1,956 Views)

I just received a new 7232 DVR from a tech doing a repair here and when I called customer support to upgrade to multiroom, I was told I'd have to get a new DVR sent out to replace the old one to receive the 3 free months promotion.  Of course that's silly because it's just a matter of provisioning, but problem is even if I jumped through the hoops, there's no way I'd get sent another 7232. Is there experience with customer service giving a credit for this kind of thing?

My current DVR is 12.99 / month, so a $7 jump is kind of steep anyway.    I have an HD STB in the other room--will that get knocked down to the standard def box price?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: Can I get multiroom DVR upgrade at the promotional 3 free months rate?

Message 2 of 3
(1,921 Views)

@dancefreak wrote:

I just received a new 7232 DVR from a tech doing a repair here and when I called customer support to upgrade to multiroom, I was told I'd have to get a new DVR sent out to replace the old one to receive the 3 free months promotion.  Of course that's silly because it's just a matter of provisioning, but problem is even if I jumped through the hoops, there's no way I'd get sent another 7232. Is there experience with customer service giving a credit for this kind of thing?

My current DVR is 12.99 / month, so a $7 jump is kind of steep anyway.    I have an HD STB in the other room--will that get knocked down to the standard def box price?

You might have an older Motorola unit? This is the current model I think :

http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/fiostv/receivers/equipment+issues/questionsone/124820.htm

I doubt if an HD STB would be reduced to the monthly charge of a standard def box, but you could try

calling you local Verizon store (not wireless). They have been very helpful to me. Good luck!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Can I get multiroom DVR upgrade at the promotional 3 free months rate?

Message 3 of 3
(1,896 Views)

I've read that if you have MRDVR you get all the non-dvr boxes at the SD price.

And both my boxes are newest.   7232 DVR,   7100 HD STB

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.