Re: Can I keep Actiontec network on with google nest wifi for wireless stb's?
mgdpublic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok I found out you access Google router settings through the app, but my other questions are still unknown.  Thanks!

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yeah there is definitely a couple different ways to use your own router. Since your WAN connection from the ONT is on MoCA, your Actiontec has to be primary. Connect the coax from ONT to the Actiontec then the LAN of the Actiontec to the WAN of the Google. 
Make sure the Google IP address is something other than 192.168.1.1 and it is ok if you leave it as DHCP. Most newer routers will sense the IP conflict during the setup and change it automatically. 

Gpapz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you to both of you for helping me setup via the same method, since I have Fios Tv. Coax from ONT into actiontec, then Ethernet from LAN on actiontec to WAN of Nest. Internet seems to be working. I noticed now that the Nest is handling IP distribution and the device list in the actiontec isn’t updating anymore because of that. I hope that’s normal. Also is port forwarding automatically handled by the Nest? Or do I have to DMZ the IP address of the Nest? 

0 Likes