Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Can I move a DCT 700 digital adapter from one TV to another? Also Tivo question

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Can I move a DCT 700 digital adapter from one TV to another? Also Tivo question

Message 1 of 3
(5,102 Views)

I am considering a move from cable to FIOS.  I have two rarely used SD TVs in guest rooms.  Can I rent 1 DCT 700 adapter and switch it between the two sets quickly and seamlessly?     With cable set top boxes, I have to call Comcast to get the box reset if I want to move it to another room.  Big pain.

Another question.  Can I use a simple DCT 700 adapter to connect my Tivo series 2 (no cable card) to a TV?

All advice appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Can I move a DCT 700 digital adapter from one TV to another? Also Tivo question

Message 2 of 3
(5,066 Views)
Has always worked ok for me.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Re: Can I move a DCT 700 digital adapter from one TV to another? Also Tivo question

Message 3 of 3
(5,026 Views)

Yes and Yes.  As long as the coax jack on your wall is hooked up to the verizon splitter in your home you will be fine. 

TS

TheSanchez
Verizon Telecom
Verizon Content Management Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.