Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Can I "delete" channels so I don't have to flip through them?

WeinerDog
Contributor
Contributor

Can I "delete" channels so I don't have to flip through them?

Message 1 of 4
(4,730 Views)

On Comcast I could delete certain channels from my line up - like all the news, religious and foreign-language stations.  Verizon has 10x more of these channels and sometimes I just like to flip through the channels. 

Is there a way to delete them so I never have to see them?  I can't find an answer in the user guide.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Can I "delete" channels so I don't have to flip through them?

Message 2 of 4
(4,725 Views)
You can set up your "favorites" list to have only the channels you want and then select "flip by favorites" in the settings menu. Some people (myself included) have problems that the favorites keep adding random channels and not holding others that they have selected.  This is with V1.5 of the IMG, hopefully V1.6 (to be deployed soon?) will fix, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
NewFiosLover27
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(4,713 Views)

I would like to know, if there is anyway I could delete the channels that are not in my AREA? No one at verizon could tell me that, not every area has the same available HD channels. I found out, by researching it online! 

I would like to know, if there is anyway I could delete them or do the "favorite" list thing?

Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 4
(4,676 Views)

@NewFiosLover27 wrote:

I would like to know, if there is anyway I could delete the channels that are not in my AREA? No one at verizon could tell me that, not every area has the same available HD channels. I found out, by researching it online! 

I would like to know, if there is anyway I could delete them or do the "favorite" list thing?

Like I said in my reply (above your post) - you can't delete anything from the guide (i.e.. Can't show only subscribed).  The only method is to use favorites (although not reliable to hold your selections) and use "flip by favorites" and there is a guide option to display only favorites.  The latter has a flaw in that the guide no longer wraps around (goes to the lowest channel from the highest channel or vice versa).

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.