Can I return my one and only STB and eliminate rental fee while maintaining FIOS TV service?
m289
Enthusiast - Level 3

Most of the channels I'm interested in have Roku apps, so I was thinking I might return Verizon's STB and eliminate the monthly rental fee. It's the only STB I have and I was wondering if the standard FIOS contract requires customer to keep and pay rental fee for at least one STB.

I still have over a year on my FIOS contract, and I do want to maintain FIOS TV service (which I use to access my desired channels via Roku).

0 Likes
Re: Can I return my one and only STB and eliminate rental fee while maintaining FIOS TV service?
jonjones1
Legend

I believe you can use a cable card and eliminate the set top box.

if you are under contract Verizon may mess with your services and may increase pricing etc. I believe there is a fee for cable card use. 

Re: Can I return my one and only STB and eliminate rental fee while maintaining FIOS TV service?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, Verizon only offers the local channels without paying for either a STB or cable card.
Cable cards are cheaper. Not sure what happens if you rent the cable card but do not activate it in a device.