Can I return my one and only STB and eliminate rental fee while maintaining FIOS TV service?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Can I return my one and only STB and eliminate rental fee while maintaining FIOS TV service?

Message 1 of 3
(723 Views)

Most of the channels I'm interested in have Roku apps, so I was thinking I might return Verizon's STB and eliminate the monthly rental fee. It's the only STB I have and I was wondering if the standard FIOS contract requires customer to keep and pay rental fee for at least one STB.

I still have over a year on my FIOS contract, and I do want to maintain FIOS TV service (which I use to access my desired channels via Roku).

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I

Re: Can I return my one and only STB and eliminate rental fee while maintaining FIOS TV service?

Message 2 of 3
(702 Views)

I believe you can use a cable card and eliminate the set top box.

if you are under contract Verizon may mess with your services and may increase pricing etc. I believe there is a fee for cable card use. 

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Can I return my one and only STB and eliminate rental fee while maintaining FIOS TV service?

Message 3 of 3
(689 Views)

Unfortunately, Verizon only offers the local channels without paying for either a STB or cable card.
Cable cards are cheaper. Not sure what happens if you rent the cable card but do not activate it in a device.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.