Re: Can I watch programs recorded to my DVR over my computer?
me881
Enthusiast - Level 2

it wont work, dvr has some sort of protection that doesnt let you do it i just have tried already

0 Likes
Nan2527
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, that stinks.  I have set  up series to record and while I'm away on vacation, they continue to record.  I can logon to MyVerizon from my vacation locationand manage my DVR, the recording schedule,and see what's been recorded, but I can't watch anything!?  Before I get back, my DVR will be full and I won't have watched what got deleted or new shows won't record.  I'm seeing all kinds of ads and flashy notices at MyVerizon telling me how great it is that I can watch TV from anywhere ---   Hmmm, apparently only if I want to buy a movie.  My DVR is not automatically included in "My Library."  It should be.  I'm still paying for all my Verizon services even when I'm not home.  

I'm very disappointed and will be looking into getting NetFlix or Hulu or something like that and dropping some of my Verizon extras.

Nan

0 Likes
Kingdaddy64

I have a Slingbox 500 and it does work with the DVR, well sorta.  If you can take a 6 sec latency on the virtual remote and constant freezing due to buffering on a 30Mb/s connection then yes it will work for you at a cost of $300 for the hardware and a $15 app for a android divice of a free app for windows.

0 Likes
dcoppins
Enthusiast - Level 1
I wish I could. You can do it on Comcast Xfinity. In fact, you can even download shows recorded to your dvr to your ipad and watch them on the airplane. I travel so much I end up buying series on iTunes while they are recording on my verizon dvr with no way to watch on the road. As soon as my contract runs out, I'm switching to Comcast
mrx5000

Yes you can but not from Verizon's crap site.  Go to AMC.com or wherever, and see if they offer a show to watch.  The site will then ask you who your provider is.  Select verizon fios and log in, then you wacth the show from the specific site/channel.  Hope that makes sense

0 Likes
SayNoToFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Despite the fact that the first post on this topic was seven years ago (next month), Verizon has chosen not to allow its customers to watch DVR shows on a Windows computer. 

I have tried watching on my phone but ev erytime, I am told I need to set it up while I am at home.  I set it up while I am at home and when I am not at home, it does not work.  I feel like a mouse on the wheel.  

I no longer will expect a different result.

It is obvious that FIOS has no intention of fixing the issue.

Paying more for Comcast will be worth it not to have to deal with the frustration and waste of time trying to fix the issue.

When I call in to Verizon, I am told they will pass it along that a customer wants to see this change, but nothing changes.  

I do wonder if Verizon reads these posts on its Forum.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes