Can Stream TV be remotely diagnosed?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Can Stream TV be remotely diagnosed?

Message 1 of 5
(414 Views)

I'm interested in getting the Stream TV. Can it be remotely diagnosed like the set-top boxes?

I assume that pay-per-view is not available, correct?

Verizon is partnered with YouTube TV. YouTube TV just raised their price to $65/month. FIOS customers have to pay the $65/month, right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Can Stream TV be remotely diagnosed?

Message 4 of 5
(270 Views)

No. Stream TV can't be diagnosed like a FiOS set-top box. Stream TV is a Verizon product, but not related to FiOS.

Stream TV is similar to an Apple TV or Amazon Firestick/Fire TV. Basically if your internet is working then your Stream TV also should be working. 

Yes you can get Pay-per-view, but not from the On Demand menu like a Verizon set-top box. You will rent from the Play store. 

Yes FiOS customers pay the same YouTube TV prices as non-Verizon customers. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 2 of 5
(350 Views)

Not sure what you mean by remotely diagnosed.

Are you having an issue?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 3 of 5
(325 Views)

I have 2 of the "Q" set-top boxes.

I'm retired & looking for ways to reduce my monthly FIOS bill. That's why I've spent months on Google & YouTube learning about streaming services & streaming devices. I'm interested in the Stream TV among other devices.

It seems to me that a long time ago I had a problem with the living room box. A FIOS tech connected to it remotely & diagnosed a problem. Then again, maybe it didn't actually happen. I honestly don't remember. Aren't the "Q" boxes capable of self-diagnosis?

Is the Stream TV capable of self-diagnosis?

Can one get pay-per-view on Stream TV or only streaming?

Verizon is partnered with YouTube TV. YouTube TV just raised their price to $65/month. FIOS customers have to pay the $65/month, right?

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 5
(271 Views)

No. Stream TV can't be diagnosed like a FiOS set-top box. Stream TV is a Verizon product, but not related to FiOS.

Stream TV is similar to an Apple TV or Amazon Firestick/Fire TV. Basically if your internet is working then your Stream TV also should be working. 

Yes you can get Pay-per-view, but not from the On Demand menu like a Verizon set-top box. You will rent from the Play store. 

Yes FiOS customers pay the same YouTube TV prices as non-Verizon customers. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 5 of 5
(239 Views)

OK, thanks for answering my questions.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.